Welcome to the LegalEASE Domestic Violence Awareness Initiative! We are taking a stand against the epidemic of Domestic Violence and Intimate Partner Abuse. LegalEASE launched this initiative to establish community partnerships with local area organizations, raise funds, provide legal resources and aid to support victims.
LegalEASE is committed to creating a world where every person lives without fear of domestic violence. Our mission is to support, empower, and compassionately advocate for anyone affected by domestic violence, regardless of race, culture, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. This program establishes community partnerships, raises funds and awareness, and offers resources and assistance for victims and survivors to combat the epidemic of domestic violence.
LegalEASE Domestic Violence Task Force
National Domestic Abuse Hotline:
· https://www.thehotline.org/ - hub of information and valuable resource for individual seeking assistance or report abuse.
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence:
· https://ncadv.org/ - Educational resource. Provides educational content, webinars, and stats.
Center for Disease Control:
· https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/index.htm - variety of violence prevention resources.
Sheltering Animals and Families Together:
· https://saftprogram.org/pet-friendly-domestic-violence-shelters/ - pet-friendly domestic violence shelters
Futures without Violence:
· https://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/ - Training of professionals (doctors, nurses, judges, and coaches) to improve responses to violence and abuse. Builds sustainable community leadership and educates people.
Smoooth (Texas and South Carolina):
· https://www.smooothinc.org/about - Empowerment of women affected by DV. Connection of survivors to local resources (counseling, internships, personal+mental health, legal) and provide emotional and financial assistance.
Families to Freedom:
· https://www.familiestofreedom.org/ - provide transportation assistance to individuals & families; helping them relocate to a safehouse. Over fifty safehouses across North Texas, East Texas and Houston Metro Area.
The Family Place:
· https://www.familyplace.org/ - Dallas-based organization providing safe housing, counseling, and community awareness.
The Peace Initiative:
· http://www.thepeaceinitiative.net/ - San Antonio coalition of organizations focused on educational training, community outreach, and advocacy at local and state levels.
Love is Respect:
· https://www.loveisrespect.org/about/ - Located in Austin, empowers and educates young people (ages 13-26) who have questions or concerns about their romantic relationships, as well as supporting concerned friends and family members, teachers, and other service providers
Genesis Women’s Shelter:
· https://www.genesisshelter.org/ - Dallas organization offering shelter, counseling and legal support. “Thrift Store” encourages clothing donations for victims & families.
· https://www.safehaventc.org/ - Tarrant County-based organization dedicated to educational programs in schools, outreach, residency assistance and legal support
Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse (AVDA):
· https://avda.org/ - organization focusing on intervention and prevention of domestic violence specifically in the Houston area and 8 surrounding counties.
Diaper Bank of Houston:
· https://houstondiaperbank.org/ - Bank is a non-profit organization that provides diapers to low-income families and to mothers in need. Diaper drives and drop offs, as well as cash donations
· https://www.gracewood.org/ - Support for highly motivated single mothers working towards independent living. Mothers experiencing a temporary crisis. Volunteer hours – Tuesdays 6:30pm-8:30pm (childcare). Care packages (child and mother underwear and socks)
The Montrose Center:
· https://www.montrosecenter.org/services/avp/ - LGBTQ focused services with an anti-violence program. Crisis help line, Counseling, accompaniment to file police reports, go to the hospital and legal appointments,
Houston Area Women’s Center:
· https://hawc.org/ - hub of resources and potential local partner
Star of Hope:
· https://www.sohmission.org/ - Christ oriented organization, focused on the homeless population in Houston.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters:
· https://tbotw.org/ - 24/7 hotline, emergency shelter. Education resources, case management, daycare, lifeskills
- Mortgage companies that sell trust deeds and force foreclosures
- Student loans which sell loan paper and lose track of borrowers
- Relatives who die without proper estate planning and end up leaving their assets to the state, instead of their heirs
- Home construction defects increase and builders who refuse to fix these problems
About LegalEASE Domestic Violence Initiative
LegalEASE is committed to creating a world where every person lives without fear of domestic violence. Our mission is to support, empower, and compassionately advocate for anyone affected by domestic violence, regardless of race, culture, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
LegalEASE Partners with Local Organizations to Combat the Rise in Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence
11/01/22 - LegalEASE Joins Casa de Esperanza’s Chili Cook-Off
As a proud sponsor of Casa de Esperanza’s (“Casa”) annual Chili Cook-Off, on October 29, 2022, LegalEASE employees joined Casa for tasty
chili, friendly competition, and red-hot fun all in support of providing hope and a home for children in crisis.
To learn more about Casa de Esperanza and its incredible mission, visit here: