The Legal Access and LegalEASE Privacy Statement
Your Privacy is Important to Us
At Legal Access and LegalEASE, we understand that your privacy is important. Therefore, to better protect your privacy, we have created this Privacy Statement to explain our online information practices to assist you during the course of your visit and interaction with our websites.
This Privacy Statement applies to all the online services and websites offered by LegalEASE LLC or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, LegalEASE' "services"). Furthermore, this statement applies to all information collected from or submitted to authorized LegalEASE websites.
Our websites contain links to other websites operated by third parties which may or may not be affiliated with LegalEASE. LegalEASE is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of such third-party websites and this Statement does not apply to those websites.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please feel free to e-mail us or write to us at Privacy Issues, c/o LegalEASE LLC, 5151 San Felipe St., Suite 2300, Houston, TX, 77056 USA.
APPLICATION OF THIS STATEMENT
This Statement applies only to the information collected by LegalEASE from the users of our websites. It does not apply to information collected by LegalEASE in any other way, including offline.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT and HOW WE USE IT
LegalEASE offers online services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, for example, LegalEASE Member Guides. To provide our full range of online services, we may collect the following types of information:
Log Information: When you use LegalEASE' Services, our servers automatically record and log information that your browser sends whenever you visit the website. These server logs may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, the name of your Internet Service Provider, browser type, browser language, the state or country from which you accessed our website, the webpage you linked to our website from, the number of links you click within the website, the pages you viewed on the website, and the date and time of your request.
User Communications: When you send email or other communication to LegalEASE via our website, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services as appropriate.
Information You Provide: In a few areas on our websites, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to verify whether you are entitled to access and use certain information, materials and services available from our website, or to enable us to enhance your site visit, to assist you with member service, technical support issues, follow up with you after your visit, or to otherwise support your relationship with LegalEASE. Participation in those areas of our websites that require you to provide your personal information before proceeding are completely optional. However, declining to participate may mean that you will not be able to access and use certain information, materials, and services.
Other Websites: This Privacy Statement applies to web sites and services that are owned and operated by LegalEASE. We do not exercise control over the sites displayed as search results or links from within our various services. These other sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer.
Our websites do not automatically collect personally identifiable information from visitors. The IP address of the visitor is recorded in web server logs and ingested into a SIEM to search for potential attacks and vulnerabilities. For example, when a member visits our website, we can tell both the IP Address and, by extension, the Internet Service Provider the member is using, but not the names, addresses or other personally identifiable information that would allow us to accurately identify them. With that understanding, the information that is collected is used only for internal purposes that include but are not limited to:
- Providing Services to our Members;
- Auditing, research, and analysis used to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our online services and networks; and
- Development of new services.
LegalEASE only processes the information collected through the various means listed above for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement and/or any applicable Privacy Notice issued by LegalEASE.
INFORMATION SHARING and DISCLOSURE
Your personal information is never shared outside LegalEASE without your permission, except under the conditions explained below.
- LegalEASE may share personal information within LegalEASE, its subsidiaries, affiliates, or agents under any of the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent to share the information;
- A service you requested requires interaction with a third party, or is provided by a third party;
- When certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of members who visited a particular website, for example, or how many members clicked on a particular web link. Such information, being non-personal information does not identify you individually; or
- To keep you up to date on any information, we believe would be beneficial to you.
LegalEASE only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of LegalEASE in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent to share the information;
- When certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of members who visited a particular website, for example, or how many members clicked on a particular web link. Such information, being non-personal information does not identify you individually;
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such personal information based on our specific instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality, data transfer agreements, and security measures.
- When access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to Satisfy any current and applicable law, statute, regulation, rule, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce LegalEASE' Terms of Service, including, but not limited to investigation of any potential or actual violations thereof;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, misrepresentation, security, or technical issues; or Protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of LegalEASE, its affiliated companies, agents, members, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Your personal information is important to us. Therefore, we take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of data we have collected, stored, as well as processing practices and security measures employed to protect against unauthorized access to the servers and/or systems where we store data.
Further, LegalEASE restricts access to personal information to LegalEASE employees and/or agents who need to know certain personal information to operate, develop, or improve our services. Said individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to reasonably appropriate discipline, including, but not limited to suspension, termination, and criminal prosecution, should they fail to meet these confidentiality obligations.
LegalEASE processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Privacy Statement or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. LegalEASE reviews data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the personal information provided to provide or improve our services. Further, LegalEASE safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
ACCESSING and UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever you use the services provided by LegalEASE, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information to either correct data if it is inaccurate or delete data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access, modification, or deletion, we ask individual members to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests. LegalEASE may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access to such information is not otherwise required.
LegalEASE regularly reviews its compliance with this Privacy Statement. Please direct any questions or concerns regarding this Statement or LegalEASE' treatment of personal information via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by writing us at Privacy Issues, c/o LegalEASE LLC, 5151 San Felipe St., Suite 2300, Houston, TX, 77056, USA.
When we receive formal written complaints at either address, it is LegalEASE' policy to contact the individual regarding their concerns. Further, we will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaint regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between LegalEASE and an individual.
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us at your convenience, either via e-mail (email@example.com) or at,
5151 San Felipe, Suite 2300
Houston, Texas 77056, USA.